SHANGHAI – August 28, 2023 – Today, Avient Corporation will showcase its extensive range of synthetic fiber colorants and functional additives for the textile industry during Yarn Expo Autumn 2023, Asia’s leading yarn and fiber trade fair in Shanghai, China.
“With the booming textile market in Asia, many customers are looking for sustainable and innovative polymer solutions that enable them to meet performance demands for textile applications,” says Say-Eng Lee, vice president and general manager, Color & Additives Asia at Avient. “As a global provider of specialized material solutions for textiles, Avient is dedicated to offering a wide range of technical solutions to enhance fiber performance and maximize production efficiency while meeting customers’ sustainability goals.”
Avient will exhibit a comprehensive portfolio of colorants and functional additives for enhancing performance and supporting sustainability for the textile industry including:
- Renol™ Fiber Colorants are specific for synthetic fiber dope-dyeing (or spin dyeing), requiring no water and less energy than traditional bath dyeing methods while enhancing the properties of color fastness.
- Cesa™ Fiber Additives for heat preservation can absorb more heat when exposed to solar rays. They can facilitate the design by meeting consumer demand for more comfortable and lightweight outdoor clothing, even in extremely cold weather.
- Cesa™ Fiber Additives for cool feeling can provide fast heat conduction and moisture absorption, allowing the body to feel cooler and more comfortable. They also offer good spinnability for fiber manufacture at high temperatures.
- Cesa™ Fiber Tracer Concentrates contain special taggants that can identify the origin of fibers in different applications, including garments, sportswear, and home textiles. This can help producers and brand owners recognize the source of the fiber, including specific features such as recycled content or biopolymer content.
- Avient Sustainable Fiber Solutions include bluesign® verified colorants, recycled fiber solutions with Global Recycle Standard (GRS) certifications, and biodegradable fiber solutions with EN13432 certifications. Avient can also provide a wide range of functional additives such as ultraviolet (UV) stabilization, antistatic performance, flame retardancy, antimicrobial effectiveness, anti-yellowing performance, and more.
Avient will exhibit at Yarn Expo Autumn Aug 28 – 30, 2023, at the National Exhibition and Convention Centre, Hall 8.2, Stand A75, in Shanghai, China.
Avient Corporation provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Dyneema®, the world’s strongest fiber™, enables unmatched levels of performance and protection for end-use applications, including ballistic personal protection, marine and sustainable infrastructure and outdoor sports
- Unique technologies that improve the recyclability of products and enable recycled content to be incorporated, thus advancing a more circular economy
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation and reduce carbon footprint
- Sustainable infrastructure solutions that increase energy efficiency, renewable energy, natural resource conservation and fiber optic / 5G network accessibility
Avient is certified ACC Responsible Care®, a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste and certified Great Place to Work®.