New Bio-Derived Plastisol Inks from Avient Highlighted at Impressions Expo Long Beach
LONG BEACH, California – January 19, 2024 – Avient Corporation, a leading provider of specialized and sustainable material solutions and services, announced its Specialty Inks team will be highlighting new additions and updates to its sustainable inks portfolio starting today at Impressions Expo Long Beach, an annual trade show dedicated to the imprinted and decorated apparel industry. These highlights include inks that can reduce energy use and inks manufactured with biopolymers.
Avient Specialty Inks will showcase over 100 unique prints from Avient Specialty Inks brands, including Wilflex™, Rutland™, Printop™, QCM™, Zodiac™, MagnaColours®, and Union Ink™, in addition to live screen printing demonstrations throughout the show for the following:
- New Union Ink UPLC Unimix: a flexible cure mixing system that offers highly opaque, intense colors for large and small screen printing projects. With 15 intermixable colors, UPLC Unimix allows screen printers to obtain thousands of Pantone® colors that cure at temperatures as low as 270°F (132°C).
- New Wilflex Revive inks: plastisol inks created with 50-59% bio-derived content offer an innovative way for screen printers to achieve sustainability goals while offering the same easy printing experience as a typical plastisol ink. Wilflex Revive inks are currently offered in a base and white ink and are compatible with the Wilflex Epic™ PC Express Color Mixing System. These inks will be printed live at the show and available from Wilflex distributors beginning March 2024.
- Rutland Chill LB LC Poly Mixing Base and Flex PolyWhite: the latest additions to the Rutland Chill flexible cure portfolio launched in December 2023. These inks offer the possibility of an even lower curing temperature, with a cure range from 250°F – 320°F (121°C-160°C), as well as improved bleed resistance. Rutland will also be displaying its reimagined logo.
- MagnaColours MagnaTrans: a water-based heat-transfer system that offers great wash durability, exceptional screen performance, and low-temperature cure additives.
“At Avient Specialty Inks, we are committed to developing and growing our sustainable portfolio of screen printing inks. The innovations we are showcasing here at Impressions Expo offer our customers water-based, silicone, and non-PVC inks, as well as reduced energy use, and now bio-derived solutions for customers seeking renewable alternatives that won’t compromise on performance while yielding high-quality results,” said Tito Echiburu, General Manager, Avient Specialty Inks. “Our innovative bio–plastisol Wilflex Revive inks are a great example of our commitment to helping screen printers achieve their sustainability goals.”
Avient Corporation recently achieved a Gold-level rating and certification from EcoVadis, a globally renowned sustainability ratings platform, recognizing Avient’s commitment to sustainability, ethics, and responsible business practices.
The Avient Specialty Inks team is exhibiting in booth 1621 at the Impressions Expo in Long Beach, California, from January 19-21, 2024. Experts will be on-site to provide technical support and answer all your screen printing questions.
Avient Corporation provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Dyneema®, the world’s strongest fiber™, enables unmatched levels of performance and protection for end-use applications, including ballistic personal protection, marine and sustainable infrastructure and outdoor sports
- Unique technologies that improve the recyclability of products and enable recycled content to be incorporated, thus advancing a more circular economy
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation and reduce carbon footprint
- Sustainable infrastructure solutions that increase energy efficiency, renewable energy, natural resource conservation and fiber optic / 5G network accessibility
Avient is certified ACC Responsible Care®, a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste and certified Great Place to Work®.