On December 13-14, 2023, the American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC) will host a Digital Lab on haptics in the textile industry
Eight industry experts, including a speaker from emtec Electronic GmbH, will present new research on haptics evaluation of different materials, explore modern measurement techniques, and highlight ways to digitize measurement data
Early and discounted registration is open until Nov. 29
Leipzig, Germany, 07.11.2023 – How do we define, determine, and digitize the tactile sense in the textile industry? How do textile experts capture the subjective aspects of the human touch perception and transform these into useful data that can be reproduced at scale? Due to its subjective nature, reliably measuring the human sense of touch has long been a challenge.
In a premiere two-day webinar, eight international textile experts will come together in an AATCC digital forum to explore ways to change our modus operandi regarding the most indefinable sense, the sense of touch. The event delves into the nuances of how humans experience the feel of fabrics, how we can measure this subjective experience, and how we can leverage the measured data to improve and unify product quality in a digital setting.
Distinguished Lineup from Industry and Academia: Geared toward a target audience of both, industry newcomers as well as seasoned professionals, the webinar boasts a diverse mix of perspectives from the industry. Attendees will have the opportunity to glean insights from industry professionals, including esteemed speakers from Adidas, Black Swan Textiles, Cotton Incorporated, Dokuz Eylül University, emtec Electronic, Lenzing, and the Technical University of Dresden.
Event Highlights include:
- Exploration of Current Testing Methods: An exploration of effective testing methods and measuring instruments currently used in the field to test the haptics of various fabrics with varying structures
- Critical Examination of Advantages and Disadvantages: A critical examination of the pros and cons associated with different measuring methods
- New Ideas on How to Effectively Leverage Sample Data: Learn innovative ways to utilize haptic test results for enhancing quality assurance and product development.
- Solutions for Digital Integration: Discover new approaches for applying a never seen before digital hand-feel management system at scale
- Live Demonstration: Watch a live demonstration of the emtec TSA Tactile Sensation Analyzer, a digital haptic testing instrument designed by the German manufacturer emtec Electronic. Engage in discussions surrounding its application and results.
- Registration Details: Early registration is now open and will close on November 29. Industry professionals, researchers, and textile enthusiasts are encouraged to register early to secure a spot and enjoy special Early Bird pricing.
About emtec Electronic
Emtec Electronic GmbH develops, produces and distributes worldwide testing and measuring devices for the detection of relevant processing properties of paper, board, nonwoven and textile materials. The portable measuring devices enable manufacturers and converters of paper, nonwoven and textile products for example, to control and optimize the manufacturing and converting processes during ongoing production. From the wet end to the final product, the application of the devices enables an efficient process to achieve and ensure the best possible quality with the least possible effort.
For 27 years, we have relied on innovative, highly specialized measuring instruments combined with a high degree of service orientation. Since the company was founded, we have been intensively involved in scientific cooperation with institutes and companies, further developing instruments for our customers and offering a broad network in over 80 countries from our Leipzig location.