Shanghai, 17 November 2023. Taking place twice a year, the fair presents suppliers from multiple printing sub-sectors with the valuable opportunity of connecting with target buyers face to face. Following the success of DS Printech China in Guangzhou, the Shanghai edition will take place from 21 – 23 November 2023 in Halls E4 and E5 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre. In the wake of multiple positive market forecasts, industry-leading exhibitors across the 17,250 sqm fairground will showcase a complete spectrum of screen printing, digital printing and textile printing innovations. Additionally, a series of seminars, forums, and workshops will be featured concurrently to enrich participants’ experiences.
The spirited Chinese printing market is increasingly interested in new, data-based business models, digital platform solutions and end-to-end digitised value chains. Ms Wilmet Shea, General Manager of Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd, commented: “The growing demand of screen, digital and textile printing opens up profitable prospects for the domestic market. On the whole, DS Printech China is well-placed to serve the market, as the country is Asia-Pacific’s most significant apparel embroidery production and consumption hub. Chinese end-customers have more disposable income to spend on discretionary items such as customised T-shirts, and with the cutting-edge exhibitors on show at this edition, the fair’s buyers have a great opportunity to enhance their offerings.”
DS Printech China, the prominent platform dedicated to the digital and screen printing industries, is the to-go event for industry professionals from across China and beyond its borders. During the three-day show, a wide range of exhibitors will be presenting their technological advancements, set to take advantage of growing cross-industry demand.
A key fixture at the fair, screen printing mesh, is emerging globally in niche applications such as glass printing. The market is expected to increase at a CAGR of 4% to reach USD 1.1 billion by 2033. Key drivers of this demand are its low cost, short turnaround times, operational flexibility, and capacity for innovation. Renowned exhibitors in this category include:
- SAATI Technical Fabric (E5-M24): SAATI plays a key role supplying high-tech fabrics for electronics, solar cells, touch panels, and medical sector sensors for self-diagnosis. The company continually evolves, and uses state-of-the-art fibres paired with new generation production systems.
- Shanghai Huayin Screen Mesh Manufacturing (E4-F02): As one of China’s largest polyester screen mesh manufacturing enterprises, the company is known for its high quality, continuous innovation and excellent service. It utilises numerous shuttle looms, as well as first-class warp knitting and post-treatment equipment.
- Shanghai Smart Fabric (E4-B18): The manufacturer produces a wide variety of products to meet industry needs, such as printing mesh products for apparel products, ceramics, home electronics, and IT devices, as well as high-accuracy and high-grade screen mesh products used in the production of electronic devices.
Another major category at the fair, digital printing is expected to increase to 21.1% of the overall print market in 2024. With the growing popularity of print-on-demand services, it is necessary for digital and textile printing manufacturers to focus on developing machinery and software to boost production with technological advancements. Highlighted digital and textile printing exhibitors include:
- Brother DTG (E5-M16): Designed for high-volume printing factories operating across multiple shifts, the company’s new GTXpro B is equipped with a state-of-the-art ink system that automates ink-mixing, filtering and degassing without the need for an operator. New features include an advanced ink system, internal circulation in the white ink printhead, upgraded maintenance module and improved firmware tools.
- Guangdong Aces Machinery (Bihong) (E5-K01): Adaptable to customers with diverse needs, Bihong produces a range of industrial digital screen printing automation equipment. Notably, it is the only domestic enterprise that owns the application technology for elliptical digital machines compatible with different nozzles including starlight, richo, Epson and Kyocera.
- KINZEL Printing Systems (E4-D16-1): The renowned German printing machinery manufacturer develops innovative solutions of roll-to-roll and digital printing systems. It offers a wide range of machines such as laminators, die cutters, hot embossing, longitudinal and cross cutters, squeegee grinders, screen coating, hot transfer presses, and more.
In addition, a series of fringe events are scheduled throughout the three-day fair. Industry experts will gather and share their knowledge on topical industry issues.
- Golden Mesh Award: Recognised as the most influential professional award in the screen and digital printing fields. Companies will showcase a series of cutting edge screen, digitial, textile, and special printing technologies. Highlights include “Hangzhou Hong Hua Series”, “Time Loop”, “Chun Man Yuan Porcelain Art”, and “Puppy Embossed Silicone Plate”.
- Screen and Digital Printing Innovation Development Summit: Speakers from leading brands, including Brother, the Screen Printing & Graphic Association of India, the Specialty Graphic Imaging Association of Australia, the Thai Screen Printing & Graphic Imaging Association, and the Shanghai Additive Manufacturing Association will share their insights on the digitalisation and innovation within the screen and digital printing industry.
- Textile Printing Technology Development and Trend Forum:The forum will reveal new materials, products, trends, and technologies applied in textile printing. This includes applications in clothing, footwear, curtains, fabrics, bedding, and knitting.
DS Printech China is co-organised by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd, China Screen Printing & Graphic Imaging Association (CSGIA) and Guangzhou Teyin Exhibition Service.